But as it goes, there can be multiple ways to do a task. So, here i am with another method to do the same without using any code.
It is basically the SharePoint Designer that proved so helpful. So, the steps are:
- Open the site in SharePoint Designer.
- Select content types in the navigation.
- Select the Event content type and open it.
- Click on ‘Edit Columns’ in the ribbon.
- Select the column (Recurrence for instance) and click just one .
- Click on the selected column’s property once ((Note: the catch here is to click once (or odd number of times – 1, 3, 5) for property. Even number or double clicks won’t return result)
- So now the property is visible where you can change it to hidden.
Yippiee… No code and still it is possible!!